Wednesday 15 February 2012

Kate at Film Oxford - Still on the Block.


Had a great week after my wobble last week. Got down to some good work and felt like I was contributing to the work force. Met with Ali again and got the posters for the Reel Women course updated by Nomita the fantastic graphics design volunteer at Film Oxford. She did a brilliant job and Ali and I were really pleased to get them printed off and distributed. All we need now is for people to sign up so if you're a woman reading this and feel like giving film making a go, then go to the Film Oxford website http://www.ofvm.org/training/ under Training check out the criteria and if you match then get signed up. I thoroughly recommend it from experience, don't do what I have for years and put yourself off, get signed up!


Helped Rodger prepare equipment and got on with other office duties,  feel much better about myself, feeling inspired again. I came in on Thursday night and attended the AGM, it was interesting to hear about the great work and achievements Film Oxford have made over the past year. It was also really useful to hear what was coming up in the next year, and to meet the new committee members. There was a short compilation of finished film projects completed in the past, it's always nice to see the end product on screen makes it real.

At the weekend I attended the Adobe Premier editing course. When I make my 3 min short, a project for term 3 at college, I intend to do as much of the work as possible myself, including editing. I wasn't sure whether my brain would be able to absorb all the techi stuff involved when learning new software, lets face it I live with a 5 and 7 year old, my technology abilities aren't that stretched. As long as I can hook up the Wii and Nintendo I'm a winner, in fact I have to ask my 7 year old for advice on that! Anyway, to my surprise and delight I was able to understand the course, even if it absorbed a little slower that some of the other group members. Andy, the tutor, was excellent and made it clear and easy to follow.

Nomita and I on editing course.

 Hands on tuition is always good for me and this was his style of teaching so it was excellent. I've got the bug now and have already begun editing a project with Nomita.

Andy on editing course.

It's been such a productive and encouraging week, still got a mountain to climb but at least I feel able to get my climbing boots on. Something has changed in me, for the better, and yeah check me out with photos and a link. Steady on, I'll be taking over the world at this rate!

2 comments:

  1. Really glad that the week has turned around for you - that is often the case. Ali 'Reel Women' course will be brilliant and I'm sure there will be lots of women signing up for it.

    I'm interested in your next project? Perhaps a drama about a Filmmaking Community? lol OK Meryl Streep can play me as long as she doesn't do it as Thatcher lol. Keep on blogging Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Sharon that's funny, yeah, who know's there's definately plenty of characters I can think of! x

    ReplyDelete