Thursday 3 May 2012

Kate at Film Oxford.....been on shoot

Hi, I've been away for a week or so, the Easter hols, kids off school blah blah bah, just getting back into the usual routine.

Been on the second day of shooting in a tattoo studio, already done a day a few weeks back. My friend Sarah, (a good friend whom I've met through Ruskin) and I decided to have a go at making a short film. Her son was going to have a tattoo and having discussed the idea of a film in a tattoo studio saw this as the perfect opportunity to go along with a camera. We've got a couple of hours of footage including tattoos being done, interviews with tattoo artists and a tattoo remover. Hopefully we'll be able to put an interesting short together with what we have.

Faced the usual problems sound, lighting pinning people down to chat to. Of course there's a few things that we would do differently next time on the shoot but it's all a learning process. Enjoying the experience that's the main thing and it's definitely confidence building. Hope to start the edit next week, I know this is a long process but I'm excited to see what we can put together. Will keep you posted....quite literally!

Back to college this week for my final term, can't say I'm looking forward to it, in my head I've left already. Not being very academic it's not a place where I thrive, the placement term has been my best term.  Going to be a very busy 10 weeks with course work, college, kids, and film making. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment