Tuesday 24 January 2012

Kate at Film Oxford - Newish Girl on the Block

Having finished my second week at Film Oxford I'd like to say I'm settling in nicely. I've got to the point where on arrival I can stick the kettle on without worrying that they're thinking  'Where does she think she is, at home?! ' You  know what I mean.

Started the week meeting with Ali so we could do the minutes for the Shadowlight Artists meeting. Was great to get into the edit suite where some serious colour correcting was needed to put right the effects of the poor lighting when the meeting was shot. One major embarrassing point to be made here, I shot it! This point was kindly skimmed over by staff members. Was a great opportunity to see some of the colour correcting tools in Adobe Premier, also a great lesson in editing. I was then shown how to burn discs from Adobe Encore so a really productive day for me.

Met with Ali again as she runs the Reel Women course in conjunction with The Women's International Festival. I did this course a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. I will be assisting Ali on the course which will be a fantastic opportunity for me to gain more practical experience. I love the idea of giving other women the opportunity to discover their creative side. The course details are all on the web site if you're interested I recommend it to anyone, well not anyone, you gotta be a woman!

I must note though that I did have a reality check today being a single Mum of 2. A producer of a film that I've heard  lots about, and would love to have had a chat too, came into the office today. And where was I?  Changing kids plimsolls in Asda during my lunch break. Just about sums it up! Got to say though that my experience at Film Oxford to date has been great, I look forward to going in and am finding all aspects interesting and useful. I have a feeling I'm going to learn more than I imagined during my time here! Also, it's so nice to be surrounded by like minded people with a passion for film making and all things creative.



2 comments:

  1. It's great that you are getting so much from the experience and Ali is a wonderful tutor to be working with. I love your enthusiasm and it's lovely reading your blog. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon, IT's great to be somewhere with people with the same interests. I'm really enjoying it x

    ReplyDelete